Active Learning CompaniesAdjust the Balance >>
The project aims to encourage companies in the West Midlands to adopt a whole lifestyle approach to learning and wellbeing throughout their workforce, and to demonstrate the benefits of this approach to both employer and employee.
Participating companies qualify by:
- location - rural and urban settings, limited access to sports facilities or disadvantaged in some way
- employee profile - high proportion of employees in sedentary occupations, low participation in regular exercise.
Participating companies will receive:
- a personal trainer and a local learning development officer, provided free
- physical and learning fitness audits/assessments of the organisation and its employees
- regular motivation checks, advice and guidance on suitable progression activities
- incentive schemes designed to meet the needs of each individual or group of employees, which encourage increased participation
- short taster opportunities offered to suit the needs of the employees and the facilities available
- links with local sports organisations and colleges
- a blended learning programme, Learning Well, developed to raise awareness of the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle. The programme provides knowledge about the changes required to live an active and healthy life. There are four modules: Eat Well, Move Well, Be Well, Do Well. Each module has paper-based and interactive CD-ROM elements.