Euro Enterprise Evolutions: Testing Methods of Removing Barriers to Self-EmploymentEuro Enterprise Evolutions >>
Euro Enterprise Evolutions have been testing many ways of overcoming barriers to self-employment. These include:
- the Basic Skills for Self-employment Toolkit
- dyslexia screening tools, guides, pilot didactic materials and a culturally/linguistically sensitive typing tutor
- a self-help tool for women called 'The 7 Cs For Women Wishing To Start a Business'
- life coaching, cognitive behaviour therapy and business start-up support for offenders
- psychological counselling
- screening tool for special needs
- work experience placements
- transactional analysis courses for beneficiaries and practitioners
- confidence building and overcoming risk aversion workshops for women
- challenge teams representing people from the target groups
- community events, roadshows etc.
- the Key Document Assistant Tool.
BME groups, Ex-offenders, Jobseekers with low basic skills, People from disadvantaged areas (top 10% most deprived wards), People with disabilities, Unemployed, Women
Activities and products
Creative Enterprise Awareness >> Creative Enterprise Awareness is a programme specially designed for women and BME groups that uses creative methods to give participants an awareness of enterprise and business.
E-Pod >>The E-pod is an innovative Equal Opportunities Web based computer kiosk system that is designed to enable a wide range of users including people with dyslexia, basic skills needs, disabilities (including deaf and blind people) to explore the possibilities of enterprise and to put together a business plan.
Key Document Tool >> The Key Document Tool (or "Form Filler") will allow anyone with dyslexia to fill in key administrative documents in relation to running a business.
Life Coaching & Personal Development Courses >> A partner in the DP (Walkways) has been offering life coaching for members of all target groups.
Reading, Writing & Maths for Self-Employment - Toolkit >> This toolkit comprises a step-by-step guide to compiling a simple business plan.
Special Needs Assessment Tool >>This tool is an adaptation to the dyslexia assessment tool - it will screen for other special educational needs within the focus groups.
The 7 Cs for Women Wishing to Start a Business >> Self help toolkit for women wishing to start a business.
Transactional Analysis TA101 Training Courses >>TA 101 is a model for understanding human behaviour, communication and relationships.
Video Diaries >>Video diaries of the journey undertaken by some of the participants in the project.
Is this information correct?Report an error >>