Camden Libraries Refugees Work Experience ProjectRAISE - Refugee Access into Sustainable Employment >>
The Camden Libraries Refugees Work Experience project recruited, trained and mentored refugees through structured work experience placements in Camden Libraries.
The key objectives of library work placements were to:
- help refugee minorities integrate with the host community
- improve refugees' self-confidence
- help refugees develop their CVs and job prospects
- encourage other members of refugee communities to come into Camden's public libraries e.g. to help with their children's homework or develop their language skills
- refer refugees to job brokerage services and employment agencies.
Refugee Community Organisations have been consulted throughout and are directly involved in both planning and delivery of the RAISE work.